UNICEF Tunisie / recrute
🆕📢 Appel à candidatures pour le recrutement
d’un(e) Supply & Logistics Associate,
FT, GS6, Tunis, Tunisia
Job no: 543824
Contract type: Fixed Term Appointment
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
How can you make a difference?
Supply Chain Service Delivery and Response
- In consultation with supervisor, provide input to the Country Programme Action Planning and advise on Supply requirements for the Plan of Operations and Annual Work Plans. Participate in the forecasting, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the supply chain operations, including establishment of performance indicators, and assessment of fit for purpose of products and services.
- Support supply emergency preparedness and response activities including establishment of Long Term Arrangements (LTAs), Logistics Capacity Assessment and Contingency Plan update, and pre-positioning of stock.
- Provide input to and advice on the annual supply plan. Conduct data review and analysis for category management and development of procurement strategies. Conduct market research in relevant areas for UNICEF and advice on best approaches to obtain best value for money and sustainable procurement. Support product innovation and market shaping initiatives for specific categories of supplies and services.
- Liaise with clients in planning procurement and contracting initiatives, supporting development of appropriate specifications, terms of reference, and logistics arrangements and timelines. Take into account opportunities to strengthen sustainability of supply chains.
- Ensure establishment of Long Term Arrangements (LTAs) and act on specific procurement requisitions as might be required. Prepare and process Request for Quotations (RFQs), Invitations to Bid (ITBs) and Requests for Proposals (RFPs), as might be requested by the Supervisor. Organize bid openings, and conduct technical and financial analysis of offers as might be required. Conduct clarifications and negotiations with suppliers. Maintain highest level of integrity, ethical standards and accountability in the procurement of goods, contracting of services and construction work.
- Prepare requests for award including submissions to Contract Review Committee. Prepare purchase orders and contracts in SAP (ERP – Enterprise Resource Planning system), and submit for relevant approvals, ensuring completeness of documentation in UNICEF systems.
- Keep stakeholders/partners informed on the progress. Liaise with suppliers, ensuring timely follow-up on delivery schedules Implement appropriate vendor management practices e.g. supply performance reviews.
- Ensure appropriate filing of procurement cases and maintain up to date records for future reference including for audit.
- Provide logistics input to the supply plan, including advising on infrastructure constraints (e.g. customs clearance, port capacity, transport options and warehousing capacity) and different delivery mechanisms. Advise on budget requirements for various delivery modalities, and ensure establishment of budget with clients.
- Liaise with supply colleagues as well as clients and using supply dashboards to ensure pipeline monitoring and establishment of appropriate logistics capacity. Monitor progress of offshore and/or regional procurement and take action to ensure timely customs clearance of supplies entering the country. Perform research, collect data and conduct analysis, produce reports and ensure information accuracy in corporate systems to enable informed decision-making.
- Provide specialized support in the area of logistics, following standard processes and contributing, directly or indirectly, to the effective delivery of programme supplies. Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to support logistics operations management and contribute to effective service delivery.
- Identify needs for contracting of logistics third party services (e.g. customs clearance, warehousing, transport, distribution) and manage contracting of such service providers including establishment of KPIs and performance monitoring mechanisms.
- Manage documentation processing for execution of logistics operations (e.g. customs clearance, invoice verification), and take appropriate actions to resolve operational issues, escalating complex issues to the supervisor.
Warehousing and inventory management:
- Manage UNICEF warehouse facilities and operations in line with UNICEF policies and procedures. Assess warehousing capacity including facilities, conditions of equipment, manpower, and processes. Propose corrective actions to supervisor. Assess new warehouse facilities when required. If necessary, implement and organize new warehouse facilities which may include installation and assembly of temporary warehouse structures (e.g. Wiik-Halls/Rub Halls).
- Maintain appropriate warehousing and inventory management processes in support of the country programme implementation. Ensure accurate and complete accounting, reporting and internal control systems are in place, and relevant records are properly maintained.
- Assess availability of space and prepare stacking and storage plans to ensure appropriate storage and optimize use of space.
- Supervise receipt of consignments and dispatch of supplies.
- Prepare stock reports. Monitor inventory to track trends and account for the inventory status from source to beneficiary. Carry out regular physical counts of inventory in the warehouse. Prepare documentation for commodity disposal through Property Survey Board committee
Alternative delivery mechanisms and procurement services:
- Support assessment of and collaboration with implementing partners including civil society, for establishment of Programme Cooperation Agreements (PCAs), and monitoring of supply components under Harmonized Approach to Cash Transfers (HACT).
- Participate in events/meetings that build partnerships and collaborative relations with UN
- organizations to support harmonized and collaborative procurement and logistics arrangements.
- Facilitate Procurement Services (PS) transactions in collaboration with programme sections and UNICEF Supply Division (SD). As appropriate, support CO counterparts on forecasting and costing of PS-channel supplies. Monitor the issuance of Purchase Orders (POs) and/or Copenhagen Warehouse Stock Transfer Orders on PS Sales Orders. Follow up with SD and UNICEF freight forwarders as needed on timely delivery/shipment of PS orders. Support communications and follow up with COs with regard to partnership requests and negotiations as required.
- Maintain up-to-date files for all Procurement Service transactions, including a system for monitoring the different stages of each transaction.
- Monitor the incoming pipeline of PS shipments. If required based on the division of responsibilities agreed in the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) and Cost Estimate (CE), supervise the arrival, customs clearance, storage, packing and in-country distribution of PS commodities to the agreed delivery point.
- In collaboration with Supply colleagues and Programme Sections, identify opportunities for capacity building of Government counterparts and improving the supply chain process to make it more effective.
- In cases where the incumbent has managerial responsibility of lower level GS staff, the incumbent will ensure timely and effective performance management of staff, providing practical advice and guidance to ensure individual and team objectives are met.
- In collaboration with supervisor, Supply Division, Regional Office and the global supply community, provide input to help ensure knowledge exchange and learning is prioritized to continuously build capacity of individuals and the team. Develop and facilitate training of newcomers, establish processes or manuals to support effective workflows.
Impact of result:
The Supply & Logistic Associates’ impact is founded on the provision of input into the design and development of improved services, systems and delivery processes. The impact directly affects the quality and timeliness of the delivery of a range of different specialized services for which the unit is accountable. Working with a high degree of operational independence, Associates are accountable for the achievement of overall service delivery results to clients.
Their client interface focuses on handling of specialized and complex supply chain processes and delivery of services with clients. They liaise with concerned clients and with suppliers to solve issues on purchase orders, contracts, delivery and payments. These relationships are important to ensure that service standards and deadlines are met and that proposals and actions adhere to policies and rules. The Associates’ work relationships require skills to promote understanding and acceptance of regulations, rules and procedures and/or otherwise improve client services.
External contacts involve liaising with similar organizations for collaboration, research and data/information gathering to compile and assess best practices. Furthermore, extensive external contact with suppliers is required, including to negotiate or clarify unique, complex issues or processes. Collaboration with partners and Governments is also applicable.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Completion of secondary education is required, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to supply chain, business administration, contract/commercial law, or another relevant technical field.
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant administrative experience in supply chain management or a commercial context is required. Understanding of development and humanitarian work is an advantage.
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in Arabic, French, & professional working proficiency in English is required.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The UNICEF competencies required for this post are…
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (1)
- Works Collaboratively with others (1)
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships (1)
- Innovates and Embraces Change (1)
- Thinks and Acts Strategically (1)
- Drive to achieve impactful results (1)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (1)
- Analyzing (2)
- Learning and Researching (2)
- Planning and organizing (2)
- Following Instructions and Procedures (2)
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
Click here to learn more about UNICEF’s values and competencies.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Individuals engaged under a consultancy or individual contract will not be considered “staff members” under the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations and UNICEF’s policies and procedures, and will not be entitled to benefits provided therein (such as leave entitlements and medical insurance coverage). Their conditions of service will be governed by their contract and the General Conditions of Contracts for the Services of Consultants and Individual Contractors. Consultants and individual contractors are responsible for determining their tax liabilities and for the payment of any taxes and/or duties, in accordance with local or other applicable laws.
Advertised: W. Central Africa Standard Time
Deadline: W. Central Africa Standard Time
ELEONETECH , EMS du Groupe ONETECH Située à Bizerte recrute un ingénieur Qualité Client / Projet Confirmé Profil Recherché : – Niveau Académique : ingénieur en Electronique, Génie Industriel , Mécatronique…
Nous continuons le développement de nos équipes et nous recrutons plusieurs profils IT: -Ingénieur .net junior et confirmé -Référent Technique .net -Expert BI -Teamleader Linux -Quality Analyst -MOA -Ingénieur…
#Sofrecom Recrute Vous voulez intégrer une équipe agile, avec pour mission manager plus de 20 ingénieurs en développement/qualification (Full-Stack, DevOps, des POs) ? Vous voulez relever des challenges opérationnels…
Dans le cadre de l’expansion de son équipe commerciale et élargir son portefeuille Client, 👉 #Chrono_Express une société opérant dans le domaine du transport 100% Tunisienne, cherche à recruter :…
L’école supérieure privée HORIZON lance une campagne de recrutement des enseignants chercheur en Mathématiques Appliquées. L’école offre une rémunération compétitive et un environnement de travail professionnel, moderne et convivial avec…
Descriptif du poste Commercial Freelance pour une agence de COM • Description: – Vous êtes auto-entrepreneur (se) ? – Vous avez la fibre commerciale ? On cherche un Commercial…
Community Management Vos missions seraient : * Prendre en charge les réseaux sociaux de nos clients et les différents moyens de communication digitaux : Intagram, Facebook, Tiktok, linkedin, Snap,…
Notre société North Africa Sun Deco cherche à recruter un Graphic designer pour rejoindre notre équipe. En tant qu’infographiste chez SUN DECO, vos missions principales seront: -La création des contenus…
Développeur.se iOS confirmé.e – TUNIS LE POSTE En tant que Développeur iOS, sous la responsabilité du Directeur Technique, vous aurez en charge la conception et le développement des projets applicatifs…
Nous envisageons de recruter un ingénieur aéronautique spécialité motoriste (power plant) une expérience sur les moteurs CFM est souhaitée. Poste disponible immédiatement à Tunis envoyez vos cv à l’adresse…