OMCT / recrute
The World Organisation Against Torture (OMCT)
is seeking to recruit
a highly motivated, enthusiastic, and dynamic
COMMUNICATION AND CAMPAIGNS OFFICER
for its Tunisia and Libya Programs based at the OMCT Tunis Office.
ABOUT THE OMCT
The OMCT works with around 200 member organisations which constitute its SOS-Torture Network, to end torture, fight impunity and protect human rights defenders worldwide.
Together, we make up the largest global group actively standing up to torture in more than 90 countries. Helping local voices be heard, we support our vital partners in the field and provide direct assistance to victims. Our international secretariat is based in Geneva, with offices in Brussels and Tunis.
In Libya, the OMCT project “RESILIENT – Reinforcing Stakeholders to Engage against Torture” aims at tackling torture and institutionalized violence by State and non-State actors through capacity-building and empowerment of local civil society organisations to ensure solid documentation and carry out advocacy and awareness raising.
In Tunisia, the OMCT works in close cooperation with partners from civil society and public administration to ensure access to comprehensive, multidisciplinary and tailor-made direct assistance for victims of torture and ill-treatment; to carry out advocacy and to foster institution-building and legislative reform.
TASKS & GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES
The Communication and Campaigns Officer will work under the supervision of the OMCT Libya Program Coordinator and the Director of the OMCT Tunisia Office and in close cooperation with the OMCT Communications team, as well as other members of the OMCT. The successful candidate will work on developing communication and campaigning strategies that fit the local Libyan circumstances and reach the ear of the international community based on constructive dialogue and practical solution-finding, as well as support the advocacy team of OMCT Tunisia in fine-tuning its communication strategy. S/he will also be responsible for digital content creation and management.
Primary responsibilities include
- Design original, effective and compelling digital content and social media campaigns for the OMCT programs in Tunisia and in Libya;
- Implement the digital communications and the social media strategy;
- Review and monitor the effectiveness of the OMCT’s online communications activity, providing regular reports and analysis on web and digital media usage and trends;
- Contribute to the development of publications and manage communication materials;
- Draft and edit communications (in English, French and Arabic);
- Continually seek to improve internal communication processes.
- Campaigning and support to Libyan CSO partners
- Support and work closely with local partners in order to adapt planned communications to local contexts;
- Participate in the development of an advocacy strategy that fits local circumstances;
- Reinforce the capacity and know-how of the local partners to establish international and national advocacy strategies to tackle issues of torture locally;
- Coordinate joint advocacy work online;
- Support the process to form networks with various stakeholders and players such as INGOs, NGOs and government institutions to mobilize their support for the program initiatives.
- University degree or equivalent, in digital marketing, communications, or international relations
- One to three years minimum experience in campaigning/advocacy, preferably at regional and international level
- Proven digital communications skills, including experience with graphic design tools (eg Photoshop and InDesign in particular), image and video editing, and the creation of engaging content
- Excellent writing/editing skills in Arabic, English and French
- Commitment to human rights and social justice causes
- Excellent oral and written drafting and communication skills in Arabic, English and French an essential requirement;
- Strong social media and communication skills and competencies are required, skills in the use of software applications and secure communication are an important asset;
- Passion to provide good user experience, good content and tactics;
- Demonstrated commitment to human rights, the rule of law and social justice causes;
- Excellent ability to gather, analyze, and present information in a timely and well-organized manner;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills managing conflicting demands, meeting deadlines and adjusting priorities;
- Ability to take initiatives and priorities with minimum supervision;
- Ability to adapt to multidisciplinary work in the environment of a multicultural team and to engage with partners.
- Type of contract: Fixed term contract
- Contract Duration: One year (renewable)
- Working hours: Full time (40hours/week)
- Location: Based in Tunis
- Reporting to: Program Coordinator of OMCT Libya and the Country Director of OMCT Tunisia
- Starting date: As soon as possible
Please send your application to the following address before June 21st, 2021
À propos de l’offre d’emploi Cette semaine, c’est les recrutements #Divalto, et c’est pour nos besoins de compétences techniques et fonctionnelles, pour accompagner nos clients en Tunisie et nos…
À propos de l’offre d’emploi Responsable Expérience Clients – Centre de Relation Clients Advancia Téléservices – Tunis Missions : · Définir la roadmap de l’expérience client homogène dans une optique cross…
Développeur À propos de l’offre d’emploi Vous êtes jeune diplômé, vous avez un très bon niveau en anglais et vous cherchez à commencer votre carrier professionnel dans le développement informatique,…
Registered Nurse ER À propos de l’offre d’emploi Emergency room (ER) nurses provide care for patients requiring emergency attention because of physical trauma or acute illness. ER nurses work to…
Stagiaire en marketing et relations publiques À propos de l’offre d’emploi Le candidat idéal est une personne organisée et autonome, capable de travailler de manière transversale sur la planification et…
Vous êtes créatif, autonome et organisé, passionné par le graphisme et l’impression, ce poste est pour vous ! Dans le cadre de notre développement, nous recherchons un graphiste senior afin…
Ingénieur QA Technique – Tunis CONTEXTE Afin d’accompagner sa forte croissance et dans un souci permanent d’améliorer la qualité de ses logiciels et de ses processus, NeoXam recherche un(e)…
Software Engineer (.NET – 1Integrate For ArcGIS) Location: Tunis, Tunisia Employment Type: Permanent 1Spatial a global leader in providing software, solutions, and business applications for managing location and geospatial data. In every…
❓❓LA 𝗚𝗘𝗦𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡 𝗗𝗘 𝗣𝗥𝗢𝗝𝗘𝗧 T’INTÉRESSE ❓❓ 🔎 [We are Hiring] 𝑷𝑹𝑶𝑱𝑬𝑪𝑻 𝑴𝑨𝑵𝑨𝑮𝑬𝑹 Mission Establish practices, templates, policies and tools to expand and mature these capabilities for the team Budget management,…
Développeur Full Stack À propos de l’offre d’emploi Le développeur (euse) Full Stack sera responsable de l’analyse, du développement, de l’optimisation et de l’implantation de nos plateformes Web et applications…