L’ambassade des États-Unis en Tunisie / recrute
Working under the Construction Manager/Project Director of the Overseas Buildings Operations (OBO) team, the Mechanical Engineer is responsible for overseeing and inspecting all work elements of the construction site, reviewing shop drawings and other construction plans, developing change orders and cost estimates for the Tunis MSGR, NOX-D and Fire Main Renovation Project. Incumbent must be capable of working independently.
Construction Site Management 50%
• Develops an in-depth knowledge of the contractual requirements for the project.
• Oversees the construction to ensure adherence to approved drawings and specifications; inspects construction workmanship, materials, equipment.
• Oversees site work elements within discipline and provides early notification of potential schedule slippages regarding the mechanical construction activities.
• Monitors the work process, performs quality assurance testing and enforces safety requirements.
• Makes cost estimates on design changes, evaluates cost proposals and contractors’ requests for adjustments.
• Reports to the Project Director on the project’s conformity and non-conformity to approved drawings and specifications; makes recommendations on how to correct deficiencies and resolve problems during construction.
Contractors Management 25%
• Maintains daily construction surveillance logs to ensure compliance with the terms and conditions of contracts.
• On behalf of the owners’ interest, the Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for overseeing the work of contractors over the course of the project. The Mechanical Engineer tracks the contractor scheduled milestones; materials, equipment, and labor used; the quality and workmanship of outputs, and provides the contractors, through the PD, observations, recommendations, and supervision.
• Monitors the construction schedule, reviews contractors’ proposals for change, and makes recommendations to Project Director on time extension requests.
• Reviews contractors’ invoices related to mechanical works to ensure accuracy and completeness.
Construction Reports and Documentation 15%
• Reviews and analyzes material samples, shop drawings, installation manuals, and other technical documents submitted by the contractors to ensure conformity with contract requirements.
• Prepares written reports to Project Director with analysis and recommendations on alternatives and actions, where appropriate.
• Prepares periodic progress reports to Project Director as required.
• Prepares and reviews engineering drawings, mechanical load calculations, technical specifications and cost estimates for construction change orders or to support U.S. installed equipment.
• Makes cost estimates on design and specification alternatives as requested by Project Director; must be able to present in two-dimensional and three-dimensional drafts to illustrate engineering problems and proposed solutions.
Liaison with Host Government 10%
• Liaises with local authorities responsible for the implementation, scheduling and compliance of local building codes and construction regulations.
• Coordinates (Title II) mechanical engineering services as required.
Qualifications and Evaluations
At least five years of experience in mechanical engineering installations for buildings, in particular Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC), ductwork, plumbing and mechanical pipe installations and systems, for commercial office and / or residential developments. Experience may be related to building construction and renovation of large scale residential or commercial development projects, of which, preferable, the candidate will have at least two years of experience in construction project management and oversight.
Must have comprehensive understanding of DOS/OBO construction regulations and guidelines, OBO commissioning and construction guidebook. Knowledge of local building and construction codes, local safety and security rules. Must be familiar with the local government structure and jurisdictions and the key personnel in order to facilitate authorization and related engagement. Must have professional knowledge in mechanical design calculations and criteria, preparation of engineering drawings and specifications.
- Education Requirements:
Mandatory: University degree in mechanical engineering from an accredited institution and a registration in the Deanship of Tunisian Engineers (OIT) are required.
English level IV (Fluent) Reading/Writing/Speaking is required.
French level IV (Fluent) Reading/Writing/Speaking is required.
Arabic level IV (Fluent) Reading/Writing/Speaking is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook) and Internet Research. Professional skills and experience in using construction management software such as Microsoft Project and Primavera. Ability to create mechanical engineering cost estimates and review mechanical plan for code compliance. Ability to operate documenting and measuring equipment such as cameras, infrared thermometers, flow meters, calipers and measuring tools.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO):
The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Agency Benefits:
Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Tunis, Tunisia may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- Other Information:
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to Apply
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust clearance.
To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
- Required Documents:
In order to qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested diploma and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to provide requested information, or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you will not be considered for this position.
- Next Steps:
Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Tunis, Tunisia.
Dans le cadre de l’expansion de son équipe commerciale et élargir son portefeuille Client, 👉 #Chrono_Express une société opérant dans le domaine du transport 100% Tunisienne, cherche à recruter :…
L’école supérieure privée HORIZON lance une campagne de recrutement des enseignants chercheur en Mathématiques Appliquées. L’école offre une rémunération compétitive et un environnement de travail professionnel, moderne et convivial avec…
Descriptif du poste Commercial Freelance pour une agence de COM • Description: – Vous êtes auto-entrepreneur (se) ? – Vous avez la fibre commerciale ? On cherche un Commercial…
Community Management Vos missions seraient : * Prendre en charge les réseaux sociaux de nos clients et les différents moyens de communication digitaux : Intagram, Facebook, Tiktok, linkedin, Snap,…
Notre société North Africa Sun Deco cherche à recruter un Graphic designer pour rejoindre notre équipe. En tant qu’infographiste chez SUN DECO, vos missions principales seront: -La création des contenus…
Développeur.se iOS confirmé.e – TUNIS LE POSTE En tant que Développeur iOS, sous la responsabilité du Directeur Technique, vous aurez en charge la conception et le développement des projets applicatifs…
Nous envisageons de recruter un ingénieur aéronautique spécialité motoriste (power plant) une expérience sur les moteurs CFM est souhaitée. Poste disponible immédiatement à Tunis envoyez vos cv à l’adresse…
PRESALES Description Mission Planning of sales strategies, the positioning in contrast to the competitors, and the demonstration of the business Preparation of presentations about the products or services with all…
Logistics Assistant À propos de l’offre d’emploi A Logistics Assistant works in the area of ordering and following up and supporting the logistics manager in all aspects of warehouse operations….
Mechanical Design Engineer We are currently in search of a Mechanical Design Engineer to join our Industrial Engineering department of the Marquardt Group in our location Tunis (Tunisia). Responsibilities Advice on development…