Amideast is hiring
American Corner Coordinator
Established in 1951, Amideast is an American nonprofit organization dedicated to creating hope, opportunity, and mutual understanding among people in the Middle East, North Africa, and United States through life-changing opportunities for education and cultural exchanges. Working with local, regional, and international partners, we provide programs and services that improve educational opportunity and quality, expand access to U.S. study, empower youth and women, strengthen local institutions, and develop language and professional skills for success in the global economy. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., Amideast operates offices in 11 countries in the MENA region.
The American Corner in Tunis is a binational center co-sponsored by Amideast and the U.S. Embassy. It serves as an English language library and cultural center designed to share information about the United States, promote foreign exchange programs and American higher education, improve English language skills, and organize cultural events.
The Coordinator’s primary role is to oversee library operations and plan and host a wide variety of free, engaging cultural programs that provide accurate information about the United States, promote English language competencies, engage alumni of U.S. Department of State exchange programs, and spread awareness of educational opportunities in the United States, along with strategic cultural programs that advance U.S. foreign policy goals in Tunisia and workshops that build Tunisian youth’s 21st century skills.
The applicant should be well-informed about American society and culture and be able to share diverse themes with the Tunisian public through daily cultural activities. The ideal candidate will have experience in event planning, customer service, tutoring/teaching, and management/administration.
- Plan and host weekly activities, special events and programs: free English conversation hours, guest speakers, workshops, trainings, presentations, film screenings, etc.
- Assist in the development of yearly budget and narrative proposals to secure American Spaces Support Funds.
- Promote American Corner events and programs
- Maintain American Corner website and social media
- Set and implement AC guidelines in order to maintain structure of educational and cultural space
- Update the U.S. Embassy and Amideast administration on programming activities and write quarterly reports detailing those activities and events
- Attend meetings with the Cultural Affairs team at the U.S. Embassy
- Support the EducationUSA Adviser and Exchange Programs Department by holding special topic sessions related to studying in the United States in the American Corner. In addition to formal information sessions, this support may include:
- Explaining college and graduate school application processes to different visitors
- Discussing scholarship and fellowship opportunities with prospective applicants
- Manage the physical space of the AC ensuring that it is clean and well-organized
- Track use of all equipment and AC assets ensuring proper use, maintenance and accountability
- Produce AC membership badges and manage the flow of patrons effectively and ensuring safety and security standards are adhered to.
- Maintain basic library functions: checking books/DVDs in and out, processing new materials, shelving returned materials, processing new memberships
- Maintain a balanced environment of a study, reading, and socializing space
- Assist patrons with research, including helping them find quality resources
- Build and maintain institutional partnerships with Tunis-based organizations with shared goals
- Contract experts to conduct specialized programming, including the recruitment and identification of program facilitators, drafting of service contracts, supervision of contractor’s fulfillment of duties, and management of the finances of contractual agreements
- Facilitate cultural understanding
- Proofread documents for patrons
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Significant experience living or studying in the USA
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- At least one year of full-time professional experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English. French and/or Arabic proficiency is desirable.
- Demonstrated interest in international education and cross-cultural exchange
- Experience working in a customer service context
- Experience with event-planning and managing educational programs
The incumbent in this position will work in a professional office environment and will utilize the following equipment when working from the corporate office or remote home office (either on a full time, temporary, or hybrid basis).
- Computer (laptop or desktop)
- Up to 5% Business travel may be needed.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described is representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position description is an overview of the major functions and requirements of this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of the position; the Employee’s Manager may assign other duties as related or as otherwise deemed appropriate and necessary within the general scope, without the need for additional compensation.
Amideast is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Positions that involve interaction with children will be required to read, acknowledge, and comply with and attend special training in accordance with the Child Protection and Safeguarding policy. All Amideast representatives must comply with the Code of Conduct and all applicable organizational policies which include but are not limited to, Anti-Human Trafficking and Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse.
Intéressé par l’offre d’emploi –> oui/non
Grupo Iberostar / busca CDD
En Iberostar Group estamos buscando Subdirectores/as de Hotel para unirse a nuestro equipo y para dar servicio en uno de nuestros hoteles en Túnez, pero antes de saber más sobre…
OZE / recrute CDD
Traffic Manager Digital Junior OZE, une agence dynamique et innovante dans le domaine du marketing digital, est à la recherche d’un(e) Traffic Manager expérimenté(e) et passionné(e). Avec une expertise en…
METAL 2000 / recrute CDD
Développeur Prestashop Responsabilités : Collaborer avec l’équipe pour comprendre les besoins et les exigences du projet. Concevoir et développer des modules personnalisés et des fonctionnalités spécifiques pour les boutiques en…
CAFPI / recrute CDD
Cafpi est le leader français des courtiers en crédits et en assurance. Nous permettons à nos clients de trouver facilement un prêt auprès d’une banque, avec les bonnes conditions, la…
Best Santé / recrute CDD
Analyste commerciale Company Description Best Santé is a unique sales and marketing place for pharmaceutical products and medical devices. Our proven success is to provide our partners with the market…
HYGIENE INDUSTRIELLE / recrute CDD
Junior marketer I. LISTE DES TACHES : Assure la veille concurrentielle Analyse le marché (les besoins et les attentes des clients) et détecte les opportunités de développement Assurer le référencement…
SFC Energie Solaire / recrute CDD
SFC Énergie Solaire, acteur majeur dans le domaine de l’énergie renouvelable, recherche une comptable expérimentée pour rejoindre notre équipe dynamique. Si vous êtes passionnée par la finance et que vous souhaitez…
Gisysco / recrute CDD
Spécialiste en Marketing et Intelligence Artificielle Description de l’entreprise Vous êtes passionné par le domaine de la Digital Marketing et de l’Intelligence Artificielle, et vous souhaitez contribuer à leur application…
#emploi #tunisie #maroc #canada #france