The Institute For War & Peace Reporting ( IWPR ) is looking for [a translator]
- Base: Tunis, Tunisia
- The Institute for War & Peace Reporting (IWPR) is seeking a Tunis-based Translator for a short term (5 months). The position will support the implementation of the Ante Raeda project and the co-creation phase of the Aswat Horra project.
- Reporting to: Senior Program Officer
- Type of Contract: Consultancy
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide simultaneous interpretation (Arabic/English) French is plus as needed;
- Provide written translation (Arabic/English) French is plus of various documents related to the project on a wide range of technical and programmatic topics;
- Provide written translation of various finance documents including invoices, quotations;
- Translate sensitive documents, correspondence and press articles from and to English;
- Summarize, in English, documents related the project published in Arabic;
- Perform other tasks as required.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in English or Translation;
- Full Proficiency in English and Standard Arabic (oral and written) French is plus
- Three years of relevant experience in a similar position and previous experience working with a non-governmental organization is an asset;
- Tact, discretion and strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work effectively to meet goals in a deadline-driven environment;
- Ability to maintain accuracy and attention even under pressure;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse group of people;
- Proficiency in use of computer programs such as Word as well as internet search engines.
Interested candidates should submit applications to
with the following information: 1) A cover letter in English; 2) A CV in English; 3) Names and contact information for three professional referees. Salary is commensurate with experience. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applications will be processed on a rolling basis–the position will be filled as soon as the right candidate is found. Deadline for application: August 15, 2019