WeYouth Organization / recrute [offre d’emploi n°2]

VA2019/002 –

Communication Officer

WeYouth Organization is a not-for-profit and non-governmental youth-led organization, founded in 2013 by a group of youth people with the vision of a Tunisia led by empowered youth.
WeYouth is recruiting a communication officer (CO) to support and maintain internal and external communications with project collaborators, partners, donors and assist to execute the communications strategy.
The communication officer will work with the project management unit in the HQ (Sfax, Tunisia). The communication officer will dedicate 60% of his/her working time to work on the USAID funded TADAEEM Project « Women Ambassadors for Civic Engagement » and the other 40% for other projects and the organization related work. « Women Ambassadors for Civic Engagement » is a new project that aims to increase women participation in public life in general and municipal affairs specifically in Gafsa, Keblli, and Tozeur municipalities.

JOB DESCRIPTION :

Ensures compliance of activities with project communication strategy by following donor and WeYouth Organization guidelines.
Develops key promotional messages in consultation with the project team
Participates in developing and evaluating the feasibility, efficiency, and quality of Information Education and Communication (IEC) materials.
Coordinates communication activities and events of the projects and activities.
Assists in conducting awareness-raising campaigns, events, information dissemination workshops, etc. for target groups
Undertakes sporadic field visits to monitor program implementation and liaise closely with target groups
Participates in donor visits for showcasing project progress and achievements
Takes lead in the dissemination of communication materials to relevant stakeholders.
Drafts case studies and relevant project documents and suggests recommendations on varied issues (as and when required)
Maintains documentation management system (hard copy and on a network)

Other Duties and Responsibilities
The officer may be required to perform duties that are beyond the scope of the job description in mutual discussion and agreement with the supervisor.

Knowledge, Skills, and Experience

The individual must conform to the following qualifications:
At least a bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Mass communication.
At least 1 years of professional or voluntary work experience in designing and executing communication activities, preferably in development programs
Ability to work in a team and to sometimes tight deadlines in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment
Good level of English, French and Arabic (both verbal and written)
Knowledge of and experience with media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media. Experience with communication/ creative agencies/ vendors will be added advantage.
Ability to communicate with people outside the organization, representing the organization to partners, the public, government, and other external sources. This information can be exchanged in person, in writing, or by telephone or e-mail.
Ability to create new ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including creative contributions
Proficient in use of computer applications related to the tasks
Experience of working with local NGOs and government bodies would be an advantage.

Physical Demands
Field visits play a large part in the incumbent’s activities; as such, it is expected that the incumbent is willing and able to take part in such activities as and when needed and sometimes with short notice.

Working Conditions and Environment
This will be according to the WeYouth Organization’s Manual of Procedures.