The Danish Institute for Human Rights / recrute
REGIONAL REPRESENTATIVE IN TUNIS
The Danish Institute for Human Rights is expanding its work in the MENA region and needs a regional representative in Tunis. Are you a strategic diplomat and a project manager specialised in development work? Are you capable of supporting our current projects and set up our new regional office in Tunis? Then you may be the person, we need.
The Danish Institute for Human Rights (the Institute) will open four new regional hubs and this position will be responsible for managing the regional hub in MENA. You will broadly be responsible for the implementation of the Institute’s international strategy in MENA with relevant internal teams.
Much of the work will focus on further development of our partnerships and projects and you will be leading our efforts to expand more in the field. This process will also include transferring of assignments from HQ to the field and your role will be to ensure and facilitate dialogue and representation between the Institute’s partners and donors.
The regional hub will reflect the entire international strategy and not be limited to one department or one programme area. You report to the department director of the Human Rights Capacity Department.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong analytical and operational person, who can ensure registration of the Institute in Tunis
- Strong organisational and administrative skills as well as experience in managing project budgets is essential;
- An understanding of how to implement the Institute’s international strategy;
- Knowledge of the donor environment in the MENA region;
- Experience in setting up offices is an asset;
- Experience with managing complex relationships with a variety of partners, consortiums and stakeholders is essential;
- Professional proficiency in English and French is essential and any additional languages is an advantage;
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills, including a proven ability to work in politically sensitive contexts are essential;
- The ability to be comfortable and effective at working independently, but in close touch with colleagues, is essential;
- A willingness to have regular travels is essential;
- Experience at regional/international level, experience working in the MENA region – minimum 5 – 7 years of professional experience in the field of human rights is required.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
You will initially be based in Copenhagen, Denmark for a period of six months. Following this period, we anticipate a 2 year contract with posting in Tunis – of course provided that the situation has normalised.
Due to the uncertainty of the current situation, this is a 6 months contract on special adviser level (specialkonsulent).
The working hours are 37 hours per week and the conditions will be according to the collective agreement with the relevant union.
We shall receive your application no later than 19 June at 22:00 (GMT+1).
Interviews are expected to take place in the during week 26. The successful candidate is expected to start 1 of August 2020.
Applications must be submitted in English by using the form found on this page, and the application should include cover letter and CV.
The Institute appreciates diversity in the workplace. If qualified, we strongly encourage you to apply for this position.
For further information please contact Department Director Kristine Yigen at
or on phone: +4525329577.